Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the current known issues?
A. If you happen to open thankful 2.1 in landscape mode on the iPad (the home on the right or left side), the initial screen will stay on screen and you will not be able to use thankful. We’re sorry for this! Technically, it is only because we added these “launch images” in thankful and even though Apple allows this for all sizes (portrait and landscape), they are not technically supported in landscape mode on the iPad. We found a fix for this and version 2.2 now has this fix and it is available today (October 20, 2013). Again, we apologize for this.
Q. How do I get a refund?
A. Per Apple support, if a customer is asking for a refund of your app or is experiencing any billing or purchasing issues, direct them to iTunes Store Customer Support. This allows the user to resolve the issue directly with the App Store team.
Q. What are the Twitter limitations for sharing my reasons to be thankful?
A. Twitter limits its “tweets” to 140 characters. Because of this, thankful limits the amount of text you can share to 140 characters. You can, however, share as much text as you’d like using other services from your device. For example, Facebook will let you practically add as much text as you would like. Thankful will only warn you of the Twitter limitation, but you can add more text for other services. Thankful also uses Apple’s standard social sharing control for sharing. The UIActivityViewController currently has some limitations as well. For example, if you try to sharing more than 140 characters with Twitter, the Twitter sharing dialog will show nothing. We hope to improve this situation in a future version to get around these limitations. Below is the current behavior.
- If you have 0-111 characters, you get your words + full link to the App Store http://appstore.com/thankful (because this is 29 characters including a space: 111+29=140)
- If you have 116-117 characters, you get your words + shortened link to App Store http://t.co/zk52Ss3u18 (23 characters including a space: 116+23=139, 117+23=140)
- If you have 118-140 characters, you get your words, but you don’t get a link
- If you have 141 characters or more, you get an error message about Twitter, but you can use Mail, Facebook, Message, etc.
- If you have 0-88 characters, you get your words + picture + full link to the App Store http://appstore.com/thankful
- If you have 93-94 characters, you get your words + picture + shortened link to App Store http://t.co/zk52Ss3u18
- If you have 95-117 characters, you get your words + picture, but you don’t get a link
- If you have 118 characters or more, you get an error message about Twitter, but you can use Mail, Facebook, Message, etc.
If you have any other issues to report, please report it here: http://eddystreetproductions.com/thankful/issues/
Contact Eddy Street Productions, LLC at email@example.com or @EddyStreetPro on Twitter.
2 replies on “Support”
I purchased the app but why is there still advertisement on the bottom?
I’ll send you a response via e-mail. Thank you for your question.